Reflector lights not on when daytime running lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey916

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone show me a video of how the stock healigts and running lights are supposed to work beacise my headlight stay on all the time no matter what unless I push the e-brake once I push the e-brake in the headlights will be able to turn off the little light or the little button on the light switch to turn your headlights or dome lights on and off it doesn't work and I don't know why and so I'm trying to figure out what's the stock way that it had like the smoke store. And I have no daytime running lights just my headlights stay on all the time I'm getting confused about all this I'm trying to figure out how they're supposed to work stock so I can go from there

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Can someone show me a video of how the stock healigts and running lights are supposed to work beacise my headlight stay on all the time no matter what unless I push the e-brake once I push the e-brake in the headlights will be able to turn off the little light or the little button on the light switch to turn your headlights or dome lights on and off it doesn't work and I don't know why and so I'm trying to figure out what's the stock way that it had like the smoke store. And I have no daytime running lights just my headlights stay on all the time I'm getting confused about all this I'm trying to figure out how they're supposed to work stock so I can go from there

Sounds like everything is working properly. Your low beam bulbs are also your DRLs. If headlights are on, you get all the running lights. If just DRLs, it's only the low beam bulbs that will be on, so you still need to turn on the "headlights" at night.

One click of the parking brake, is standard practice for people to use in the Taco Bell drive-thru so you don't blind the person in front of you. If you don't want the DRLs on at all, like me, pull the fuse.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What happens when you pull your DRL fuse??

edit: what 454cid said ^^^. I remember pulling my DRL fuse on my dually before I left the dealership 25 years ago. They are such a pita.