Reflector lights not on when daytime running lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camrocks77

Reaction score
I just replaced my headlights, daytime running lights, and reflector lights with LEDs because my other bulbs were quite poor. Before, when I had my DRLs on (one click on light knob) my front lower side reflector lights were also on. Now that I replaced everything with LEDs, my front reflector lights no longer turn on when my DRLs are on, however, they do flash with my turn signals as they should. Any recommendations on what to do to make those reflector lights stay on with my DRLs?

Thanks,

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here @camrocks77. I was really hoping to get my grille back in on Saturday, but it’s a PITA considering the LED trouble I’m having, I don’t want to commit to the grille just yet.

I swapped all my interior lights out, without any issues. I had hoped for the same with the exterior ones. I ordered all the correct sizes and the electronic flasher switch, but now I’m getting some of the same issues that you listed. My corner light signals work without the headlights on, but as soon as I turn the knob, no bueno. Also, I have no brake lights. Also, when I switch my hazards on, I think the blinkers pulse rather than cycle on and off… so weird!

I’m gonna put the incandescent back in tomorrow and see what happens.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A reflector is similar to a mirror, it reflects light. Not powered by a bulb.
Bulb powered lighting are named by position. So what lighting position are you concerned about.
In USA DRL lighting is active when vehicle is in " D ", not " P ".

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you guys using non polarity sensitive LEDs in your corner markers? You need them for proper operation. I tried some no-name LEDs that weren't marked as such and got similar results to what you all are describing. Replaced them with some from SBLEDs that were marked as non polarity sensitive and those worked.

I can confirm 100% that these specific LEDs work in the corner markers.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/led...dge-base+color-Amber+beam-120°+packamt-Single

Keep in mind though that the rest of the exterior signal lights on my trucks are still incandescent, so I can't offer any help with issues that may be caused by other LEDs in the circuit.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A reflector is similar to a mirror, it reflects light. Not powered by a bulb.
Bulb powered lighting are named by position. So what lighting position are you concerned about.
In USA DRL lighting is active when vehicle is in " D ", not " P ".

What? Not sure I understand. On GMT400's the DRL's are on when the key is on. Trans shifter position doesn't change that.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What? Not sure I understand. On GMT400's the DRL's are on when the key is on. Trans shifter position doesn't change that.
Yup I can vouch for that. My Burb has functional DRLs when it feels like it, but when they're working, they come on anytime the key is in Run. Same with Rawhide except his actually work all the time they're supposed to. Might be pulling the fuse for them though, see if that makes the charging better.