Reference: Model Differences/Variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder does my truck have mounting holes for a console. I bought one, but didn't even think about there not being anywhere to put it.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder does my truck have mounting holes for a console. I bought one, but didn't even think about there not being anywhere to put it.

If your talking about the SS then no. IIRC in reg. cabs you have to cut some squares in your roof for it to work.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have a coupe of Q.'s about interior differences.
In what year did GM start to cheap-out on the Reg. cab interior trim? Things like the 'A' pillar covers. On the early ones, the trim went all the way back to the rear of the door opening. On the later ones, the trim stopped at the top of the 'A' pillar. The trucks with the short 'A' pillar covers, also did not get the 'B' pillar covers, the wide piece on the roof, nor the cover under the rear window.
Also, in what years did they come with the bench with the small fold down driver's armrest? I know that they are early production, but not sure of when they changed. The '95-'98 3-bucket backrest style has got to be the most uncomfortable GM seat that I've ever sat in.
Have the overhead consoles been available since day one? How many variations of them are there?
Thanks.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, in what years did they come with the bench with the small fold down driver's armrest? I know that they are early production, but not sure of when they changed. The '95-'98 3-bucket backrest style has got to be the most uncomfortable GM seat that I've ever sat in.

They were at least as early as '90 and went through '94 I believe. My '91 had that seat and I had a friend with a '90 that had it. Since my truck didn't have cupholders, that area behind the armrest was a great holder for a bottle of water or a 20 oz. soda bottle.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I have a coupe of Q.'s about interior differences.
In what year did GM start to cheap-out on the Reg. cab interior trim? Things like the 'A' pillar covers. On the early ones, the trim went all the way back to the rear of the door opening. On the later ones, the trim stopped at the top of the 'A' pillar. The trucks with the short 'A' pillar covers, also did not get the 'B' pillar covers, the wide piece on the roof, nor the cover under the rear window.

this is the situation i have... my 89 has the "short" A-Pilar trim and a THIN trim set that goes around the rear glass. I'm going to a local junk yard Saturday to hunt for the "full" trim to convert mine. My OBS was born a Cheyenne, but is getting the "more loaded" treatment asap.

BubbaZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years alike: 90-93
Make/Model: Chevrolet silverado k1500 : EXTENDED CAB
Length: SHORT BED
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
Engine: 5.7L tbi
front
You must be registered for see images attach

side mud optional

other side once again mud optional

rear

interior Best guage set with tach
You must be registered for see images

Interior seats 60/40 split bench speakers that dont fit optional cb also optional LOL (not factory options)

Dash-mismatched cd deck adapter just like everything else non factory optional-switches on panel aftermarket also the chrome ign lock is an option to they came in chrome or black

Engine_ LO5 350-Was is now 388 stroker.Also filter on fenderwell is B&M trans filter.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
this is the situation i have... my 89 has the "short" A-Pilar trim and a THIN trim set that goes around the rear glass. I'm going to a local junk yard Saturday to hunt for the "full" trim to convert mine. My OBS was born a Cheyenne, but is getting the "more loaded" treatment asap.

I did this to my '98. The trim parts came out of three different trucks, three different colors. Dyed 'em all to match the factory grey. If I didn't tell you, you'd never know.
When you go to get the pieces, the wide top piece on the headliner is a pain to get out without breaking the tabs. You will also have to get the headliner panel, as the one you have now, is too short side to side & will not fit into the plastic pieces over the door openings.
For the 'Oh-****' handle on the passenger side, I used one out of a mid-90's full size Pontiac. It was a little bit longer than the factory GMT400 model, but it has a light in it with a switch. I used the screws from the Pontiac to mount it up to the roof. Wired that up to the O/H console constant power wire. I also had to cut a small (2") hole in the inner metal roof skin to clear the pocket for the light. A custom touch that I see, but not too many others notice it.