Rebuildable shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. I Plan to be putting a 6" RCX lift in my truck this summer. ( but without the AAL and decranked till level) I was wOndering what I'd be looking at for shock options? I would buy the kit with shocks (comparison purposes) and I'd maybe look into getting a second "better" set. I'm wOndering what the base line would be for rebuildable shocks. I rebuild and re-valve snowmobile and dirtbike shocks all the time. So, I'd like to have the ability to change the oil atleast, and possibly mess with valving if I got really bored;) does anyone have experience with rebuildable shocks, or is everything non-take-apart?

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont beleave any rebuildable shocks exist. Unless you go with something like a king or fox coil over race type shock.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bilstein, Fox, King, Radflo, FOA and a coople other less supported lines exist.

Obviously each manufacturer has a lot of selection. I'd aim for something with a 2.0 body and an IFP, whether you need to go ressy to get there depends on the manufacturer.