Rear Wiper Sub/Tahoe w/tailgate liftgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought a 14inch wiper from jegs for the rear window on my '94 burb. The problem is that the wiper doesn't get the top of the window.

Anybody have a solution for this? The wiper I bought from jegs was supposed to be the right one.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem is the curve of the rear window. The end of the wiper doesn't seem to touch the glass. The rear wiper is pretty much useless.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I've got a 14" blade on mine, and it touches for the full range of the wiper, but yeah, the curve of the hatch would make it so a longer wiper wouldn't get the top.

Personally, I use the rear wiper a lot when it's raining hard. It also comes in handy when we get frost, the defroster melts it, but the wiper makes it much easier to see. It clears the main area you need to see, it doesn't get the top or sides that well, but something is better than nothing. And water on those areas usually don't affect your visibility, because usually you're looking through that main section of the hatch.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a regular 14" blade?

I am also very interested in that sub box you were working on. Did you get that finished?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Just a regular 14" blade?

I am also very interested in that sub box you were working on. Did you get that finished?

Yup, regular 14" blade. I actually need to change it, it must be at least 2 years old. I wonder if a 15" flex style blade would do better, or if it wouldn't get any more area.

Sub box got done a long time ago. Here's the thread -> http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5185-Just-picked-up-a-sub&highlight=picked
The box fit perfectly. I should warn you though, it's almost comical how much it vibrates the passenger seat. Other than that, no complaints at all. It really does well for what I wanted, and how small it is.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, let me know if you decide on a flex blade. I am gonna dick with the arm and see if that is the problem.

When you say that your sub vibrates the seat, can you actually hear a rattle or does it just shake it? I would like bass but I will not lose the function of the folded seats.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
It just vibrates it, there are no rattles in my system at all. Just when you have a passenger sitting there, they feel it a lot more than they would if it wasn't under the seat (obviously). I've had papers on that seat, and I could see them vibrating up and down on top of the seat, probably because the sub itself is so close to the bottom of the seat.

Anyone have any idea how to get this arm off? I want to paint mine black, along with the fronts, they look pretty aged and tired. Just trying to freshen up the little things. I'll let you know if I get a flex blade for it. You might also PM Vigh J, he might have had one on his old Yukon.