Rear Shackle Flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick-otine

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a game plan for my truck together and after some research the Shackle flip for sure in the rear. So I'm wondering how much actual lift is given on say ORD's or something, I was reading somewhere about it dropping or something I don't really know so I'm jsut looking for some clarification. and also Are there different heights other than the "4 inch" as posted on ord website?

Any information on these is always welcome.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Once you flip the bracket you can always get a longer shackle. You can always do the flip with a block or a AAL too. Just don't stack blocks.

Best thing to do to go bigger after the flip though would be to get a set of lift springs.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest. What kit are you looking at getting?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
if your not gonna tow then shackle flip with a shackle. if your gonna tow leave it as be and put a block and AAL in it.

1BAD89

Reaction score
Would the shackle flip be much of a problem with towing? Havent heard anyone who does tow with a shackle flip, maybe a reason for that. I was wanting to go that route for mine but if i can tow the pontoon or a car trailer i will have to find a different route.

faceplant540

Reaction score
i have shackle flips and the big super shackles from ORD. and i tow.... i have no problems. it neted me a total of 5.5 inches of lift.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
From the research i have done you will squat more then with the stock shackle. I'm prolly just gonna put some more leaf's in the pack