Rear quarter glass replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there fellow trucksters , I need some help with replacing the rear quarter glass (driver's side) on my 98 Sierra. I've searched hi and low through the interwebs and these forums and can't find a decent video or step by step on how to replace the glass (the side I want to replace has the mirrored finish, I just want to replace it with the stock looking tinted window that it originally came with). Can the glass itself be replaced without taking out any of the gasket material? Anyone here that can give me some direction on it? Thanks!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Looking at the parts breakdown on here.........https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/glass-rear-door-scat
Looks like the same setup, as a S10 I had, where I drilled out the rivets for the latch, and "hinges" to the body, and did the same for a set of junkyard windows. Then just pop riveted the replacements in my truck. You could take it a bit farther if you wanted to keep your hardware/latch, but it's just so easy to swap it all.

This is assuming the full size trucks use the same setup, and you have movable windows that can be vented opened.

Reaction score
Looking at the parts breakdown on here.........https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/glass-rear-door-scat
Looks like the same setup, as a S10 I had, where I drilled out the rivets for the latch, and "hinges" to the body, and did the same for a set of junkyard windows. Then just pop riveted the replacements in my truck. You could take it a bit farther if you wanted to keep your hardware/latch, but it's just so easy to swap it all.

This is assuming the full size trucks use the same setup, and you have movable windows that can be vented opened.

Thanks Stumpy, I'll check this out and see if this will work on my rig!