Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slg0423

Reaction score
The glass hatch on my two door Tahoe isn’t center , it’s more to the driver side of the vehicle and when it rains water gets inside .looks as if the owner before me replaced it . How can I make it center

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have doors, so I would refer to service manual, body section , " doors, tailgate, lift hatches." The remove & install , the adjust and fitment would be in that chapter.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I meant myself
Well, I figured if someone was experienced enough with auto glass, they wouldn’t be here posting questions. Water getting in is bad and needs to be addressed correctly. I’d just assume a glass guy could fix it cheap enough.

Slg0423

Reaction score
Well, I figured if someone was experienced enough with auto glass, they wouldn’t be here posting questions. Water getting in is bad and needs to be addressed correctly. I’d just assume a glass guy could fix it cheap enough.
I took it to a glass guy and asked him about it when he redid my side windows (also leaked ) and he told me it was a body issue like maybe the hinges? and not glass since it was the whole piece and that he doesn’t do that .
Was hoping someone has had the same issue and fixed it themselves and could explain how .

Slg0423

Reaction score
Here’s pictures if that helps any
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, is your glass guy saying it came like that from the factory?

Slg0423

Reaction score
I think he was trying to say it wasn’t put on right when replaced . I’m not sure honestly he just said it wasn’t a glass issue and that’s all he does is glass