Rear Plastic Part On Top Of The Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure what this part is called but Its the black part in plastic on top of the taillights that goes to the roof and has small vents on the sides. Id like to replace them Instead of stripping and painting them.

Are they available? And what do they cost? Anyone know??

My truck is a 98 Tahoe in dark blue. The pieces on my truck have peeled off paint and are ugly!!! They look to be done in the matte black like the trim on a Gran National. The paint is an SEM matte black type of paint. I think it may be easier to just replace them. The paint is a paint that i think isnt readily available. Maybe Im wrong, but not sure.

Thanks

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Got a pic? I have no idea what they are.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
They're called vent caps as far as I know, not sure where to get new ones though

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a pic? I have no idea what they are.

I believe he's talking about these.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure where you can get new ones. I looked through LMC just now but no luck. You MIGHT be able to get them new from a dealer still, but somehow I doubt it. I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just paint what you have.

JoeTahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he's talking about these.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not sure where you can get new ones. I looked through LMC just now but no luck. You MIGHT be able to get them new from a dealer still, but somehow I doubt it. I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just paint what you have.

Yes thanks for posting pal!!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just paint them to your body color. It will look better and solve your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alternatively, you could probably just sand them off and leave them bare plastic. The plastic underneath is actually a very similar color of black.