Rear flip kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31Sleeper

Reaction score
The flip kit that is advertised for my 98 says it's a 6 inch drop, does anyone know if that is added to the shackle and hanger drop amount ???

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flip kits don't use a shackle or hanger, so it 6" of drop by itself. If you would add a flip kit with shackle and hanger you would have a total of 10" of drop.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeppersssss......a flip alone get's you 6" and you can get up to anothet 3-4" with shackles & hangers but you'll have to notch your frame and the bed support just above the pumpkin for clearance. A static 4/6-5/7 is about as low as I'd go on a daily driver. You'll need bags if you plan to go lower on a daily driver.

L31Sleeper

Reaction score
I would prefer a flip kit because of the suspension geometry but I'm only looking for about 4 ish.
Right now I have a 2" shackle and it seems to have really improved the hook up. Now it's harder to
spin the tires even though I have more power than before. I was thinking a flip kit ( 6" ) and a lift shackle ( 1/2 " )
should give me a 5.5" drop ??

Thanx for the help
-Justin

GMCzar

Reaction score
I would prefer a flip kit because of the suspension geometry but I'm only looking for about 4 ish.
Right now I have a 2" shackle and it seems to have really improved the hook up. Now it's harder to
spin the tires even though I have more power than before. I was thinking a flip kit ( 6" ) and a lift shackle ( 1/2 " )
should give me a 5.5" drop ??

Thanx for the help
-Justin

If you're looking to drop the rear 4" and you have a 2" drop shackle save yourself some money and installation headache and get a 2" drop hanger to go with your 2" drop shackle.

nlcustomz

Reaction score
If you're looking to drop the rear 4" and you have a 2" drop shackle save yourself some money and installation headache and get a 2" drop hanger to go with your 2" drop shackle.

I agree just get a 2in drop hanger and some good shocks, if you go 5.5 you will mostlikely have to install a c-notch

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen and heard of our trucks needing a notch with only 4" of drop in the rear so don't be a surprised if your truck goes **BAMM-BAMM** over bumps without notches.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the avs under bed notch, you don't have to cut the bed floor at all, but you can get pretty low without bottoming out, Marcos was running the same type of notch.