Rear diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for a solid replacement for the G80 currently in my truck. Going with 35's and 4.56 gears and since its gonna be out, I want to replace it so it doesn't grenade when I'm off road. I was looking at the Eaton truetrac. Any opinions? Suggestions? Thanks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The TrueTrac is a great carrier, I have one in my Monte Carlo. Eaton makes fine products. Personally I'd get a Detroit Locker for your application though. Reason being is that with the way the TrueTrac works, if you ever get one rear wheel off the ground completely all the power will transfer to that wheel and you won't go anywhere. On a street car TrueTracs are awesome, but I'd go for a real locker in a truck. Especially a 4WD.

You could probably get around the free-wheeling situation by applying a little brake, but in a truck I'd just prefer not to worry about it.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score