Rear Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question....but will a chrome rear bumper off of a Suburban or Tahoe (GMT400) fit on a Gmt400 fleetside truck? Reason for asking is that LMC has different part numbers for the Tahoe/Suburban bumper than the pickup bumpers.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock auto shows the same part numbers for trucks and tahoe. I'd imagine the bumper is the same but the brackets are probably different.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That part might be a little different to maybe but I doubt anyone would notice it

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For some unknown reason the aftermarket may have different part #'s, but that still makes no sense. From GM they're the same bumper, fleetside pickup and SUV. The brackets are indeed different but they're not an integral part of the bumper.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Only real bumper differences between the 400 models are the ones for the stepsides & all the others. Stepside bumpers have more of a cut-out from the ends inwards to allow for the narrowness of the box. Not that that is of any concern for what you're wanting to do.
I have a bumper off of an SUV on my '98. I just bolted it to the original-to-the-truck's brackets.

You must be registered for see images attach