Rear axle alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codsta8

Reaction score
I started out just trying to install 3" blocks. Rear axle ended up sliding of Jack stands, so tomorrow I plan on installing new leaf springs ( new to me, junkyard) , New bushings , shackle and hangers. Does any one have any advice on how to properly align the rear axle ? Also any help or advice on the install would help out.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Um, there is no ailgnment, The tie bolt just sits in the hole on the axle. Nothing adjusts.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean align the springs and the axle without it being a pain in the ass because of the blocks?

I just swapped my blocks around to change the pinion angle after adding the shackle flip and it was a pain

I jacked the truck up with 4 cinder blocks
A couple 4x6s and a 2x4
Then a friend lowered the truck with springs attached to the frame (attached not tightend you tighten after weight has settled)
I sat under the truck and lined up the springs to the center pin on the block/axle
Depending on lift and block size this gets tricky

Good luck and dear god be safe

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I lifted it in the center of the tow hitch

With two jack stands on either side "just in case"
Lowered the jack a bit
Then the stands a few clicks

Alternated till load was on

codsta8

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was talk about, still messing around with it but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, appreciate the input