Random cylinder msifire!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cylinder 1 keeps fouling plugs, but i pulled it today and it was yellow!

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also haven't changed the crank position sensor, would that be the problem? If i change it will it need a "crank relearn", or is all that just mumbo jumbo nonsense?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
#1 one in my '98 vortec was doing just the opposite and the injectors were overloading it, I swapped it to MSFI and that corrected the problem. Have you pulled your other plugs in comparison?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the other plugs look good, i did the injector swap with a delphi unit, which i thought was just an ac delco in a different box.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Yeah the other plugs look good, i did the injector swap with a delphi unit, which i thought was just an ac delco in a different box.

yeah delphi and AC delco are pretty much interchangeable, there the same ones that made our stock head units. Have you checked cap and rotor?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the ignition is new, even the distributor. I rechecked my fuel pressue after talking to some people who told me these motors are very finniky about the pressure. Mine is 57psi key on, engine off, and drops to 50psi when started. From what i've read it should be aleast 65psi, is this right, if not what should the pressure read? Maybe my fuel pump is on its way out, has its good day and its bad.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Im not sure on fuel pressure PSI but I doubt its the fuel pump, Ive replaced 3 in this truck and when they're close to their dimise they become intermitten and then just conch out, or atleast in my experiences thats whats happened

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if its the stock pump, the truck has 181,000 miles!!!!

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sell all the parts you bought on here and buy a 5.3