Rally Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think back then that the 8 lug trucks used 16" wheels, and those have the larger size dog dish hubcaps. Unfortunately I don't have any actual trucks around of that vintage to look at or get measurements from. Other members do though....

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
98chevy2500ss

The wheels in your picture are differnt than the ones you showed in the previous post. What happened to the 4 slot ones? Those looked like more back spacing. Does anyone have the width/backspacing on those? And those were 15” right?

They look skinnier than your painted rallies too. Are they?

Last edited:

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And does anyone know if the old style dog dishes fit on the 16” wheels that look like they have the bulges for them? Or do they make a larger hub cap. I’m assuming there are more huh caps available for the 15” if they accept differnt size hub caps.

And do boththe 15 or 16s with the dog dish center ring also accept trim rings on the outside of those wheels?

Man I need to go to sleep but this is all I can think about

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I love the color you did those in. Looks real good.

Hotwheels do you know the size/backspace on those 8 lug wheels off the top of your head?
The PY0s are 16x6.5 but not sure about offset. Probably close to zero though, most factory wheels are, especially skinnier ones. Next time I'm where the wheels are I will do more measurements though ( maybe this weekend, depends on the weather).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
And does anyone know if the old style dog dishes fit on the 16” wheels that look like they have the bulges for them? Or do they make a larger hub cap. I’m assuming there are more huh caps available for the 15” if they accept differnt size hub caps.

And do boththe 15 or 16s with the dog dish center ring also accept trim rings on the outside of those wheels?

Man I need to go to sleep but this is all I can think about
As far as I know, all the GM steel wheels can use a trim ring. Which one depends on the wheel size and depth and how deep the ring is, and how the edge is ( some are more squared off and some are more rounded). I think the ones Dad ran on our 79 Burb with 15" steelies were Camaro ones from the 70s. But he also had some NOS ones he got at a swap meet, that might have been 400 ones, they had a different shape to the ring. The 79 and 84 Burbs, he was always changing the wheels and hubcaps and trim rings around, trying to find something he liked the look of and something we could easily replace if they're lost or damaged.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's kind of what's appealing to me with the dog dishes you can swap them and have a total different look to your truck. The rallies you can do the same by swapping the center and running trim rings or no trim rings but there aren't as many options as the dog dish hubcaps. In my bottomless wormhole last night I did learn that there are 2 size dog dishes. 10 1/2" for the 15" wheels and 12" dog dishes for the 16".

I had a hard time finding the 4 slot 15"s in 6 lug last night. What should I search? And what is the width of those? They look like a lot more backspacing than the 15" rally's which would be closer to stock on the 400s.

Also thanks for all the help and input on this thread everyone. I didn't see it spiraling this far out of control after my original question but I just haven't decided what wheels to run. I just know I want to switch them up.