Radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I’ve been toying around with replacing the stock Bose/ac delco radio with a aftermarket one. 1-to upgrade sound quality 2-have a legit hook up to play music off my iPhone which I do have one now that plugs between wiring harness and radio in put but the sound quality is not as good as I would like it to be! 3-I don’t care if it’s Bluetooth or corded to connect with iPhone just want better than what I have now lol. But I want the nav screen look as in a gmt800 Escalade and I want it to look like it belongs no extra radio harness molding just all radio filling the space without modifying the dash bezel. Here’s a radio I found I’ve yet to measure the stock radio as this one has dimensions shown in picture. Please hit me up on what your thoughts are thanks.

“slamming original Cadillac 4 door 4x4 doors” lol

You must be registered for see images attach

slovcan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your stock radio is a 1.5 din size. That is a double din. It can't go in without modifying the dash. I think the HVAC control panel will have to be lowered somehow into the little shelf (or CD Player which you won't need anyway). There may be kits for that, but it won't look factory.

I put a Kenwood single din radio with Bluetooth, aux, USB, display colour choices to match the rest of the dash and Alexa. I used the Metra install kit and plug 'n' play harness adapter. Crutchfield has the dash kit, harness adapter, antenna adapter cable and shelf to delete the factory CD player as a package and it's dirt cheap. Super easy install and looks great. With no CD or cassette player function the thing is really shallow - like a pound of butter. Makes installation even easier because there's more space behind for the wiring.

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_113KMBT328/Kenwood-KMM-BT328U.html?tp=73254

Maybe you can find a single din with the big screen that slides out and up, but that doesn't look factory, either.