Radiator hoses question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardmagOBS

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a 95 silverado and I’m bringing it back to life, but I’m stumbling across it missing some parts. The engine is the 5.7 ltr. One thing that is missing a radiator hoses. On passenger side right below the radiator cap it has the hose that goes to the overflow tank but right below that it has a hose that was cut off and I don’t know where it goes to. Would anyone be able to help me out. Thank you

You must be registered for see images attach

RichardmagOBS

Reaction score
5/8" port that is either plugged, or the return line for the heater core.
Thanks for replying! Do you know if it does go to the heater core, where it would be? I can’t find any loose hoses. Could be that I just need a plug as well. Thank you

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for replying! Do you know if it does go to the heater core, where it would be? I can’t find any loose hoses. Could be that I just need a plug as well. Thank you

I'm pretty sure that port is supposed to be plugged on the TBI trucks, they are on the Vortec motors. The aftermarket radiators (and sometimes the factory radiators) are used for different applications that would use that port.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5/8" port that is either plugged, or the return line for the heater core.
Trace the two heater hoses. One goes from rear of intake manifold to heater core. The other goes from heater core to water pump, or to radiator. If yours goes to the water pump, then you need the plug in the radiator.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that port is supposed to be plugged on the TBI trucks, they are on the Vortec motors.
I don't know about your 95 but on my 88 that hose goes to the heater core. Here, we're talking about the 2nd hose from the top, the red hose is for the trans.

The other hose going to the heater core is this one (red arrow) with the infamous quick connect fitting.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you don't have radiator hoses, it's possible you don't have heater core hoses, either.... so no loose hoses. The heater core connections, for the core are on the firewall on the passenger side. GM varied where the return line went by engine, and year. My 99 454 returns to the radiator, but I think the 350 went to the pump. I'm not sure what they did in 95. Either would work.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about your 95 but on my 88 that hose goes to the heater core. Here, we're talking about the 2nd hose from the top, the red hose is for the trans.

The other hose going to the heater core is this one (red arrow) with the infamous quick connect fitting.

I don't have a TBI to compare, I shouldn't have said anything! I sold my TBI truck 8-9 years ago........

On the square bodies that port is for a heater hose, I owned and worked on enough square bodies to remember that much......

RichardmagOBS

Reaction score
Trace the two heater hoses. One goes from rear of intake manifold to heater core. The other goes from heater core to water pump, or to radiator. If yours goes to the water pump, then you need the plug in the radiator.
Both hoses go to where you said, I bought a plug at autozone hopefully that works Thank you