questions on superlift lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
theres a guy pretty local to me who is selling a 6inch superlift for my 2500 truck wants a pretty good price on it so i just want to get some opinions on it has anyone ever used this lift would you do it again and how did you like the ride etc.?

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Ive heard them to be good lifts there are a couple members on here that has one DonYukon is one that has one on a Tahoe and dirtridinz71 had one on his truck before he did the SAS. I dont have any experience with it but hopefully one that has it can give u a better explanation about it.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The superlift that was on my 2500 cracked in multiple places. Idk when or where but I noticed it when I did my sas and some whenever I one crack got soo bad it had to be welded to keep death wobble away. I would steer clear because I heard that is common with superlift.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
i have had no issues with mine whatsoever IMO these things can take a beating the reason for the cracking is a crappy install, a bracket lift done right is welded into place once the alignment is completed superlift says this doenst have to be done and in reality it doesnt but once welded it WILL NOT MOVE , im very happy with mine and will never run another lift the ride is much better than stock it rides better than my 05 ram with 60k miles on it . you also have to maintain your lift i get mine chekced once a year with the installer and we look over it so far no rust no cracks and everythng is tight and in order personally i would highly reccomend superlift but NEW used who knows what your getting just like with anything used

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had zero issues with my superlift but the 8 lug kits are different then the 6 lug one i had. Mine was installed for 4 years or so and seen offroad on a regular basis. After the first month I never looked at the lift again until I removed it and everything was still tight and good. Besides the paint peeling off of it, it was no different then when I put it in.

CALopez_1986

Reaction score
The truck I just got has had a superlift 6" since '02. She still sits up pretty well and everything but the paint has held up great. Other than needing new shocks(he never changed them out) she ride great.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't get the superlift kit or the tuff country for that matter(i had one). Unfortunately the only other kit available for us OBS 8 lug guys is the RCD. Nice kit but it does widen the front track width. That is the one I am putting on my 98 K2500. I ran the tuff country 4" one piece lower crossmember kit on my 98 K3500 and i HATED it. Couldn't keep it aligned, IMO the dropped centerlink for the steering changes the geometry of the steering. The RCD kit uses knuckle(reason track width increases) but, it doesn't lower the upper control arms out of their original alignment locations and it doesn't change the steering location.

Again..my opinion.