Question about hydroboost 93 and 2000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance Hohimer

Banned
Reaction score
I have several threads..lol
My 93 k3500 has hydroboost, my 2000 c2500 is vacuum booster. What is different between the 2 years? Will the 93 not work on the 2000? Are the pedals different?
Thank you

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are some threads on here about hydroboost swaps. I think you can swap them out, but you may want to look at some of the swap threads. Just type in hydroboost in the search bar at the top of the home page.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ yea, lots of info out there. And I found you can search on Google just GMT400.com stuff too, thats a little easier to use than the forum's search feature.

But from what I understand, as long as you keep all of the components from the same generation you can swap it no problem. Dont use a 2000 pump with a 1993 booster for example.

Lance Hohimer

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you.
I have read several threads and all I see is people saying keep with the same years. No explanation why. Is it the mounting plate? Brake pedal position/mounting? Brake light switch?
'What if' you had a donor truck for all the parts? As I have said, I have a 93 k3500 donor and want to swap it all to my 2000. Will it work or no? Not interested in major fab, just to swap.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I switched clutch and brake pedals from a 92 to my auto 89 and went from vacuum to hydro.
Everything bolted right up. Be sure to grab all of the hoses and add a cooler. If possible grab the power steering pump if it has 2 returns if not plan to y the fitting.
There is a pedal split as far as clutch goes but I’m not sure on brakes. 88-95 same - 96-2000 same. brakes should be same as far as attachment. Check firewall I guess and go from there.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/1988-1995-clutch-pedal-vs-1996-1998-clutch-pedal.37520/page-2

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach