1988-1995 Clutch pedal vs 1996-1998 Clutch pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1MeanZ

Reaction score
I have a '94 NV4500 setup in my '98 Tahoe. I used the older style pedal, hydraulics, external slave, etc. and didn't have any issues bolting it up to my firewall. Obviously being a Tahoe I stated with an automatic trans so there was nothing there to start with.

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm jumping on this thread. I have a 96-99 truck and just picked up a 1992 NV4500 and pedals.

Anyone was to trade pedals? It sounds like getting the correct set is the best case.

Anyone know if the master cylinder specs are the same? Bore, stroke, etc?

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few pics for knowledge's sake.

Here's a 96+ mounting setup.

You must be registered for see images

I believe the upside down U shaped piece is where the top of the bracket bolts to. You can see the master cylinder mounting hole in the background.

This is the 92-94 pedal and bracket.

For whatever reason, the firewall mounting studs are at an angle i.e. not horizontal. As part of my rebuild, I'll be tearing apart the dash board, so I'll grab some pics if I can figure out how to mount the 92 bracket to a 96+ body. (or if someone wants to trade pedals, that's fine too).

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
I may have some pics to help a little. I have picked up to clutch pedal assemblies. The one on the left is supposedly from a 93 1500. The one on the right is from a 94 k2500. The clutch pedal return spring on the left pedal assembly is broken. From what I’ve researched the part number for the spring is 15958642. This part is no longer available. If someone knows where I could find this part or a replacement of some sort let me know please. The pedal assembly on the right doesn’t even have one. I assume this part is needed but I cannot find a replacement. I am doing a nv3500 swap in a 93 Silverado for a bad 4l60e. This spring is what’s holding up the job at this point. The last photo is of the clutch return spring.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
From my research the u shaped bracket is present in the 95-98 trucks wether it was auto or manual. This bracket is only present in the older trucks if it came from the factory as a manual. The bracket is welded to the firewall from the factory. The bracket is no longer available from GM. You could remove the bracket from a donor truck and weld to your firewall. The other option is drilling holes and installing bolts through cowl section and sealing around bolts. You will have to add washers behind pedal bracket assembly on the inside since the u shaped mount is not present. Picture of firewall bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggjoe59

Reaction score
hey guys i have a question i have a 1988 gmc 2500 single cab truck it has a automatic in it and i want to put a 5 speed in it any one can tell me what kinda pedals in it both brake and clutch pedals and where i could find one please any help would be soooooo nice thanks guys have a great week