question about building new rear (Dana 60) spring perch and shock mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Dana 60 that was once installed in an 88 K5 Blazer. I will now be installing it into my 98 Tahoe. The spring perches and shock mounts are not in the right location so they will be removed and new mounts welded on. I plan on installing a 6" RCX lift come spring time and would like to know if I should take into account the driveline angle and compensate for it now prior to welding the spring perches and shock mounts on.. Yes, I will be having a new drive shaft made up. My Tahoe is the 2 door model so it has the short wheelbase which, when adding a lift, affects the driveline angles more than a truck with a longer wheel base.

I just need to know if should angle the yoke up slightly prior to transferring the measurements over for the locations of the spring perches and shock mounts. I will also be eliminating the OEM spring perch design and going with the reversal mod using standard U bolt type mounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf