Puzzling truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you guys ran across one of these gmt 400 tbi trucks with a 5279 305 injector on one side and a 5206 350 injector on the other side?!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys ran across one of these gmt 400 tbi trucks with a 5279 305 injector on one side and a 5206 350 injector on the other side?!
Nope, I've only heard of the 4.3L sometimes getting 2 different sizes. I'm thinking someone screwed up when rebuilding it
You must be registered for see images attach

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I've only heard of the 4.3L sometimes getting 2 different sizes. I'm thinking someone screwed up when rebuilding it
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah I'm still planning on testing it's fuel pump pressure but I am also beginning to suspect that is the main reason it's backfiring when you give it throttle..

1993GMCC2500SLX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
True I need to look at it again if I remember correctly the injection pod connector that was bare wires was on the passenger side I would almost bet that is the side with the 305 5279 fuel injector If so I should have paid more attention although I am sure I still would have to replace quite a few of those things, because it would not hardly run and before the distributor it wouldn't and stay running.. and the kid I got the truck from keeps telling it's supposed to be 0.40 over didn't say whether it is a stock cam or not...but I have my own theories about all of that, and alot of the stuff on this truck is lack of maintenance not usually an issue with a rebuilt motor.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like time to replace those pigtails to the injectors, along with being sure you have the correct injectors installed. A '93 may still have the metal spacer ring between the TBI and air cleaner (they went to plastic around that time - '94-'95 are typically plastic) which can chafe against those wires and cause shorts.

Richard

Last edited: