Puzzling Headlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of those previously stretched wires may have broken (or almost broken) inside the insulation . They look perfectly normal but you may be dealing with yet another almost broken wire. Run parallel jumpers across likely suspects and see if the problem clears up. That is my best guess! Good luck and keep reporting.

Nad_Yvalhosert said:​

It's good that you have a suggestion to help fix this issue, but O.P. posted this over 4 years ago. It's likely that it has been fixed long long ago. Dates on posts matter.

I only responded because someone quoted a reply I had done some time ago. Also the problem of a broken wire inside insulation that looks perfectly normal is one that happens increasingly as these trucks age. Reviving a thread that might help a newbie solve a common problem seems to me to be a good use of resources.

The fact that the OP attempted to offer the completed solution only to have the same thing happen in a different way is another example for new owners who may have really beat on a problem to solve it. After my year-long battle with an air conditioner I can testify that one thing you DON'T do is let the truck or the demon Murphy win. One thing we definitely need is more final reports of solutions to issues rather than "hanging" threads with no answers.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Nad_Yvalhosert said:​

It's good that you have a suggestion to help fix this issue, but O.P. posted this over 4 years ago. It's likely that it has been fixed long long ago. Dates on posts matter.

I only responded because someone quoted a reply I had done some time ago. Also the problem of a broken wire inside insulation that looks perfectly normal is one that happens increasingly as these trucks age. Reviving a thread that might help a newbie solve a common problem seems to me to be a good use of resources.

The fact that the OP attempted to offer the completed solution only to have the same thing happen in a different way is another example for new owners who may have really beat on a problem to solve it. After my year-long battle with an air conditioner I can testify that one thing you DON'T do is let the truck or the demon Murphy win. One thing we definitely need is more final reports of solutions to issues rather than "hanging" threads with no answers.
Agreed! You never know how your experience and reporting on it, may help others out!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep! While "thread necromancy" can be annoying in some cases, usually "for sale" posts that are ancient and the item is surely long gone.. it can be a very useful thing in the case of unsolved problems or even ones that have been solved but the new reply may offer different methods or insight. Because that's what's great about forums - the information has a much longer life and reach than just the original poster's situation.

Richard

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep! While "thread necromancy" can be annoying in some cases, usually "for sale" posts that are ancient and the item is surely long gone.. it can be a very useful thing in the case of unsolved problems or even ones that have been solved but the new reply may offer different methods or insight. Because that's what's great about forums - the information has a much longer life and reach than just the original poster's situation.

Richard
Richard you stand as a fine example. I have your outstanding post on the ubiquitous cowl screw leak on file and have posted it several times when someone asks about that issue. I also always give you credit for chasing down the solution to that obnoxious leak. That one is one of the all time best!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Richard you stand as a fine example. I have your outstanding post on the ubiquitous cowl screw leak on file and have posted it several times when someone asks about that issue. I also always give you credit for chasing down the solution to that obnoxious leak. That one is one of the all time best!
Man I sure hope all the stuff I've posted over the decades is more useful than the tip about that stupid screw. LOL

Richard