Putting the pride back in my pride and joy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my 98 had been put out to pasture so to say a little while ago while I wasted time and money on a 05 jeep rubicon. It wasn't bad but never truly made me happy as my full size chevy did. So got rid of the jeep and finally ready to bring back my pride and joy!!

Alot of my frustration with the truck was the fact I kept the IFS, getting tired of changing cv shafts.

So last year I found a 90's Dana 60 from a srw ford. In addition to that the front fenders and cab corners are rotted so will be replacing those. During the winter she got mad and started to leak coolant from what looks like the lower intake manifold.

On Friday I started the tear down. Will be a slow process as I'm working on it outside and have a little guy who just turned 1 that takes some of my time but will keep this updated as I go.

Also heres a pic of the jeep I had.
You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 68

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, 20 days later got some more accomplished. It's been cold and snowy.

Pulled the bumper off then did some work on the dmax. Buddy of mine stoped in ready to work so continued tearing stuff off. Pulled the left fender and rad out today. Also pulled all the elec fan relays and wiring out as i will be changing that around.

Pics, taken after everything was put away for the day.

Frame looks all screwed up in this pic. Left side rad support mount needs to be pulled forward and then cracked welds repaired.

Next on the list is to clean up the exposed areas now. Lots of clay to clean out of areas now accessible.

Slow going but will be good once together.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics. Little guy has been sick but was able to unload and remove tbars, pulled tires, started unbolting the lift brackets.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk