PurpleZJ's RCSB 5.3 turbo build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Really itching to get this build going, and my buddy didn't help that at all yesterday. We went and traded his gsxr for this 98 350 auto rcsb with new paint, static dropped, and 20s. I drove it a little bit and now I can't wait to finish mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fuel pump came in friday and the headers were supposed to as well but now they should be here this week sometime. And talking to my motor guy I should be picking up the motor/harness/pcm wednesday. And I think the truck is going to get trailer fenders before the new motor goes in, the passenger inner fender needs to be replaced anyways so why not do it now.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Picked up the motor Friday, 91k out of a 2005 suburban. Best part about this year engine is there's no egr setup to delete :D Got it bolted up to the stand tonight after work so I can start cleaning it up and prepping it for paint. Next week the cam/assembly should be on order and I should have the motor painted by then, I'm going with a nice deep purple engine enamel.

annnddddd, I finally decided on a color for the truck. It'll be a while before it gets paint but it's nice knowing what it's going to be, not black, but also nice and dark at the same time

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Started tearing down the motor and immediately found a broken bolt :/

Got the motor bolted up on the stand

and got the manifolds and front drive taken down. This thing is dirty

pretty sludgey for only 91k on the clock. New plan is full tear down and inspection of the motor. Heads will get PnP'd and a valve job. With winter coming there's no use in rushing the build

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty gross. Well some progress has been made, I sold the old 350 after it being on CL for about a week. Had to get creative getting my hoist under the truck lol

now I can start cleaning up this mess of an engine bay

starting to degrease the motor, this thing is disgusting

I think this used to be a mouse, idk I found fur and bones

Plans now are going ahead full steam with the turbo build and hopefully have it show ready by the second week of February 2015 for the World of Wheels show here in Kansas City. I should be able to start ordering everything in two weeks, so hopefully I'll have my garage cleaned out and ready to party for the build by then. These next two months are going to be crazy, luckily I have my best bro and a pretty awesome girl that can't wait to dig in and starting turning wrenches with me lol.