pulsating brake pedal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
the brake pedal in my 1989 4x4 is pulsating when i press the pedal down, feels just like when rotors are screwed, replaced rotors and pads (which looked perfect to start with) and it STILL does it.

any ideas? master cylinder?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, all other suspension parts good?

unless you got some crappy rotors or warped them by braking extremely hard after you put them on

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 92 has been doing the same thing from time to time, seems like started after changing a rear wheel cylinder. Never looked into it too much but was thinking it was related to the real brakes. Actually as I think more about it i did unplug real under the hood and havent had the problem as of late.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Could be as simple as a little brake fluid on the rotor causing the pad to grab when brakes are pressed, or it could be some bad rotors like previously stated.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have seen that happen on several 88-94's when the rear abs valve stops working correctly, I would try bypassing it.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Has brand new rotors!

That doesnt mean a thing when it comes to pulsation, ive put brand new rotors on at work that were way warped out of the box. Measure them rotors in 8-10 spots with a micrometer, or use a dial indicator while spinning the rotor.