Prom + ecm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mathies

Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone sell a ecm + prom
For a gmc sierra k1500 5.0 with th700r4 trans.
I let my ecm out in the open air with direct sunlight and i heard thats no good and will cause them to dont work anymore. So i think im pretty ******. I didnt know that and hate myself for it

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From his other threads, it's a 89.
OK, odds are it's a 1227747 but, there were others. Leaving the ECM out in the sun doesn't necessarily wreck it. Leaving the cover off and the chip didn't have the sticker with its BCC 4 letter code may. The chip gets erased with UV light.

Anyway, there are guys over on gearhead-efi who can help or, he can upgrade to the EBL Flash-II and forego the chip.

www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/activity.php

www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

Last edited:

Mathies

Reaction score
Its indeed a 89 with the 1227747 ecm number. And thats what happend i let the ecm with the cover off. The sticker with the 4 numbers is stil readable its 1389.
Thx for replying i wil check out gearhead efi.
And no i didnt verify yet bcs the delco 60904 is broken on my ecm wich actuates the fuel pump and innjectors if i may believe the guy on youtube who replaced it on his ecm

Really apreciated al you guys help.

And what would be different if i upgrade to ebl flash-II

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I let my ecm out in the open air with direct sunlight and i heard thats no good and will cause them to dont work anymore.
It saw sunlight, or you left it sitting in the sun for months and the chips started crumbling?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its indeed a 89 with the 1227747 ecm number. And thats what happend i let the ecm with the cover off. The sticker with the 4 numbers is stil readable its 1389.
Thx for replying i wil check out gearhead efi.
And no i didnt verify yet bcs the delco 60904 is broken on my ecm wich actuates the fuel pump and innjectors if i may believe the guy on youtube who replaced it on his ecm

Really apreciated al you guys help.

The very first thing to do is see if it works.
Are you familiar with the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it"?

Mathies

Reaction score
It saw sunlight, or you left it sitting in the sun for months and the chips started crumbling?
It just layed on the backseat of my car for 2-3 days an before that i left it uncovered in my garage for 2-3 weeks.

And yes i heard of that ill try it out on e new ecm and see if my truck wil run.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can tune your VE and SA tables (among other stuff) and flash it, instead of "burning" your chip to modify the .bin

And no i didnt verify yet bcs the delco 60904 is broken on my ecm wich actuates the fuel pump and innjectors
Ahhh now, I remember that thread. Just find another ECM (or the EBL) and send it.