Projector Retrofit Build (detailed w/pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 rods with hex heads

yeah..that doesent do it...there is still another little plastic holder...I have tried to clamp on it with needle nose and pliers and pushing it in with screwdrivers...NO LUCK!! So in the end I just ripped the hell out of the little black tab and will glue it back in place when I re-assemble. I am mid-way in this project, have the passenger side all done but re-attaching the front cover. Waiting to attach fully until I see how bright it is through the lightly smoked lenses, if too dark I will just use the clear ones I have . Picked up the smoked set hella cheap to practice on. Pretty straight forward install...just need to finish it up on pass. side, then on to the drivers side.

Looks pretty damn cool though. had to trim the HELL out of the gatlin gun front covers to get them to fit in there and under the front cover area lol.

SubWarrior

Reaction score
Yeah those little guys are a PITA. It took some coordinated clamping with two sets of hands to get them to release. You might consider hitting them with some JB weld or epoxy when you reinstall. They are the loosest points in the headlight structure and are the main cause of vibrations and shakes in your headlights, which you will definitely notice with projectors.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Do !! Thanks for the writeup...I hope to finish them up in the next few days. Gotta work tomorrow night so maybe Wednesday I will get on the second one.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here is a question....Ever had a lens get too hot from teh Projector being close to it?

I noticed sitting in the garage the lens got EXTREMELY hot...I turned it off...Obviously while driving it will be cooled by the air...but just curious if anyone has had this issue.
Dont suppose there are glass housings available are there?

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and I am running a Morimoto H1 kit with the Harness to keep the wiring safe.