Projector Retrofit Build (detailed w/pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up. I've been waiting for someone to brave this retrofit on our trucks...first thread I've found at least. I've got an extra set of brand new clear headlights that i have been saving to do this with. My only question is with the HID lights, is there a cheaper kit i can live with until I am able to afford a more expensive kit? And I am not highly educated on HIDs either. What bulbs will fit this application? So far the closest I have been to an HID kit is on ddmtuning.com in my cart is saved a pair of 6000k 9006 hid bulbs and ballasts. Never been in a car with HID's installed either. Just looking for some guidance if you don't mind helping...Thanks!

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My only question is with the HID lights, is there a cheaper kit i can live with until I am able to afford a more expensive kit? Thanks!
A lot of people swear by these companies that have warranties and reputation, but ive been buying mine from a source on ebay for about 10 years. They cost about $30 for the set and ive only had two ballasts go bad

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not against eBay by no means. If I can save money worth saving I will. But the whole kit on ddm is only 42 and some change, and I've only heard good things about them, and i also like how they have an easy to navigate website with rplacable ballasts and lights at a cheaper cost per item. Like I said I'm pretty hid illiterate but between here and tahoeyukonforum I've heard great things about ddms products.

Sent from my HTC One X

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not knocking ddm, or vvme or any other company. Ive heard good things about them also. The DDM is $46 shipped to me, i paid $28 shipped for my last set from ebay, and they also sell single bulbs and ballasts. The last single ballast i paid $8 shipped, ive never had to replace a bulb. Ive had good success with the seller i use, so i chose not to pay more. He has 42k transactions with a 99.5% positive feedback rating

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I get a link to the seller by chance?

Sent from my HTC One X

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Subed for furture reference. Definatelt have to put on my to do list. Which is always getting bigger every time im on here

Sent from the over used computer that is a phone

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...DUMB QUESTION,

how the hell do you remove the adjustment frames from the housings?