Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally, some progress!! Took a little while, but I managed to get the cab sitting on the frame this afternoon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Got the rest of the frame out too obviously. Now you can see why I changed it! All of that was hidden with caulk before.
The old frame is about a mile past dangerous. Good thing you found the weak points when you did.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The old frame is about a mile past dangerous. Good thing you found the weak points when you did.
I should have taken a picture of that spot before. I had even looked underneath when I bought it and it had all appeared solid enough, other than a spot up by the gearbox. The first time I went to stick a jack under that point (left side at the back of the cab) it crunched right up. Obviously it looks much worse since I cut the rear half of the frame off as well.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of the process, taken with my low quality camera phone... I ended up taking a 4x4 and placed it between the rear view mirror and through the sliding rear window, then took my cherry picker through the pass window and just balanced it at a point where it would lift evenly. It worked out well because the headliner was already trashed, and I have a mint one ready to go in at some point, so it was no problem to use it as a lift point.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup sturdy frame is in order so bigblock stroker doesn't twist truck in half.

That frame was so sad, my tired 4.3 woulda twisted it into a pretzel!
Covering that up in the way that it was, was bordering on criminal!
If some kid with no idea had bought that for a first vehicle, it wouldn't of made it 1/2 way to school on the first day.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read through all your progress and looks like you're doing awesome. I don't have any of those skills, so it all looks magnificent to me.

Andr_burban

Reaction score
I too just read through all of your progress on this project. This is incredible. Im glad to see someone doing everything the right way. Even the stuff that wont be seen by anyone else. Thats how I like to do my projects.

I look forward to keeping up with the build.