ProCharger advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking at a used truck that comes with a ProCharger kit installed. Was thinking about pulling the ProCharger and putting it on my truck.

How hard would it be to swap things over?

What all needs to be swapped over? Fuel pump? Injectors? Ecu? Etc.

Thanks for any help or advice.

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small block? or Big block ?
What year are the trucks?

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically everything. You need to make sure you know what all exactly was done to the running donor to get it running. It could have a set of aftermarket MPFI injectors rated higher than factory, could have a aftermarket fuel pump as well. Then there is PCM of course, possibly a built transmission as well.

More goes into a running boosted vehicle than just a turbo or SC bolted on. Your gonna want IMO a FP gauge, boost gauge and wide and to keep an eye on things too.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the 96 black box pcm uses 5 connectors and the 97 black box pcm uses 4.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that the 96 black box pcm uses 5 connectors and the 97 black box pcm uses 4.

Legitimate concern, however I think the difference was actually between '97 and '98. My '97s both have five connectors.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Legitimate concern, however I think the difference was actually between '97 and '98. My '97s both have five connectors.

96-97 have a jumper wire; my old Suburban was a late 97 and still had the 5-plug harness. From what little research I've done it was super late 97s (early 98s) that went to the 4-plug, but it's been a while since I've checked my information sheet I was compiling so I could be wrong.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove the truck. Runs well, but transmission slips pretty bad. Not sure what transmission upgrades or possible swap would handle the power.

Last edited: