Problem with Turn Signals and Park Lamp Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Frawley

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a 2000 GMC K2500 that is having an issue with the turn signals.

When I replaced the bulbs in my front passenger signal, the signal would constantly read as lit on the dash. when I would turn on my hazards with the park lamp switch off, every light on the circuit would blink with the hazards (including dash lights, HVAC lights, and cab lights). When the switch was on, nothing would happen.

When I removed the bulbs, everything returned back to normal, other than my aftermarket radio resetting whenever I would pull a bulb (strange??).

Any suggestions on a fix?

C30454

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is something wrong with the bulb, the socket, or installation causing the parking light and turn signal circuits to become cross-connected.

Tom

Sean Frawley

Reaction score
There is something wrong with the bulb, the socket, or installation causing the parking light and turn signal circuits to become cross-connected.

Tom

I bought brand new bulbs and they still caused it.

I forgot to mention that my parking lamp fuse (#9 under dash) was constantly blowing until I removed my old bulbs.

Any reason why my radio would reset upon removing the bulbs?