Probably a stupid question but....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I agree that if its sits level its cranked about as much as you want to go. A 3" body lift and some bumper trimming should clear 35's. Sounds like you have the room already. The rear willl fit 35's stock if you dont have stupid wide wheels.
Here are some examples
This is my current truck with a 2.5" suspention lift and 33's
You must be registered for see images attach

This was my 97 with about 4.5" of home brewed lift in the front and zero lift in the rear on 315x75x16 (basicaly 35x12.50)

Note that I had also built a pre runner style bumper that helped with front clearance.
in these pics you can see the rear tire is STUFFED but it never rubbed

The driver side rear was on the bumpstop so it couldnt stuff any further
I drive this truck for a few years like this and didnt wear any suspention parts out. HOWEVER with this much lift and being basically a crank to stupid extremes I could blow a front CV at will. All I had to do was turn all the way one way or the other while in 4wd and one of the CV's would pop. I had aftermarket upper a-arms and flipped ball joints and only about 3/4" diff drop.
Friends dont let friends drive these kind of angles LMFAO

I would like to note that I DID know what I was doing and I did know it was NOT right. Also I was not nice to this truck! It seen lots of air and lots of whoops and lots of high speed desert trail running. Other than a few cv axles and 1 blown out front shock (funky landing after a good sized jump) it didnt wear or break anything else. I did put all new parts in when I lifted it this way; ball joints, TRE's, pitman and steering arms, shocks, sway bar bushings.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response guys. I also noticed that the bumper has been trimmed, so someone had some bigger tires on it before I bought it, so chances are it has been cranked and left that way. Also, if someone was to crank them all the way up, would it be hard on the front end components? I wanna say I've read that front end parts wear out faster with fully cranked tb's? This isn't something I'm planning on doing tomorrow, just looking for info for future plans.

Cramming your t bars to the max is no fun. Your truck will be in the garage waiting on front end parts much more. Idler and pitman arms last no time, same as balljoints, cv axles won't see a long life either.
If it is level now then I would leave it. With the right rims, narrow and little offset, stock are best, 35's will fit with a little trimming. Only thing then is some rubbing on frame at full steering lock.