Power Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brockstar15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys my windows have become quiet slow going down and even slower going up. It literally takes 15 seconds for the driver side to go up and about 20 seconds for the passenger side. My question is if upgrading the wiring to a bigger gauge would help this? I'm going to be replacing the motors in each door very soon and I was going to go ahead and upgrade to a bigger guage wire while I was at it. Thanks in advance and if any of you have done anything and gotten good results, please chime in.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Upgrading to a bigger gage wire will not change anything. Electrical components are wearing out and need to be replaced to get back to oem condition. I replaced both window motors and window switches and my windows go up and down like they should.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just do the motors, gauge of wire only lets you run more current, not necessary, some of your mechanisms for your windows may need lube also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Clean and lubricate the tracks that the window regulator rollers ride in. To do this properly, you must gut the doors.

An electric motor doesn't get 'weak', it either works or it doesn't. Changing the wire size is not going to help you out in the least.