Power window wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBS

Reaction score
According to the diagram the yellow supplies the power but I only see the orange wire going to the switch. Is that the one powering my windows?

Both show 22V at those splices but I am getting 10.2V at the power window connector which is the issue. (have also checked wires for tears and there is none)

Any tips and or ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know orange goes to the illumination on the switches and I thought yellow was for airbag circuits, not sure what that's doing in the door panel, but I steer clear of the yellow wires when I see them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is in the picture? Looks like a lot of aftermarket splices.

On my 98 (two door Tahoe, so I’m not sure if it’s the same as your 95) power is on the yellow from the convenience center to the left switch. Illumination is brown.

Post a picture of your wiring diagram if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95OBS

Reaction score
so the yellow is supposed to come straight out of D4 slot on the front of convenience or back?

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coming from the fuse, it’s probably connected at the back of it. It’s been a while, but I’m pretty sure that you can either unsnap or unscrew the convenience center and lift it up to get a better look at the wires behind it.

Otherwise, it looks like it’s the “GRY” (D1-D6) connector that goes from the convenience center to the window switch. Disconnect that harness and see if you have 12V at D4 with ignition on.

Last edited:

95OBS

Reaction score
I only have one wire running out of that set and it shows the same 10.2V that I am getting at the power window clip. My center looks a little bare but I need to locate the rest of those wires. Also, I dont see a 30A fuse in the block but maybe all the aftermarket stuff is making this more difficult than it should be.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, if this is an aftermarket power window setup then the stock diagrams aren’t going to be too helpful. If you don’t have 12V at the fuse block, then confirm battery charge and then test the voltage at the fusible link where the cable connects from the battery.