Power steering stop leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't do a parts store box, get a red or blue top. They both have the faster ratio as an option as well. My dually has a slow leak, almost more of a weep, and the thing was clearly marked reman. Had the same experience with a reman in my 1500. They're ****** junk and just as sloppy as what they replaced.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was barely leaking when I attempted to replace the pitman months ago.I bent a puller trying to remove it after soaking it w pb blaster and gave up.No R&P on this truck.
We have a custom made heat shield that fits between pitman arm and box , and those stubborn pitman arms get the torch and get a cut down em so they come off. Haven't had to so that for quite a while since we got this bad ass low profile pitman arm puller. I'll have to get a part number for it cause it even works when plow mounts are on a truck and there is no room for a regular puller.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a cap of brake fluid in it. It'll swell the seals a bit and buy some time. Did that in a Toyota Avalon years ago and it still didn't leak when we sold it.
Please don't do this. Last week my aunt got her Volvo out of the shop after they 'fixed' the power steering. A mile down the road it suddenly went out again. She braked and steered as best she could, but ended up hitting a fire truck. Minor damage to both vehicles, but it could have been far worse. This is steering you're talking about. Fix it once and fix it right.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if there are no other issues a seal kit for the box is like $14 and it's not difficult to just pull the sector shaft out of the box and replace the 2 seals(double seals) on the bottom side. Once you get the box out it's literally like 15 minute job.