Power steering fluid suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. Are you asking how to flush the system? Or an engine, engine bay cleaning?

giaguaro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. Are you asking how to flush the system? Or an engine, engine bay cleaning?
Sorry for my English. I would like to flush the steering circuit. I added the fluid but I see dirt coming around. The fluid is not clear. I ordered new hoses and I would like to flush the system before mounting

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, unless your doing a complete teardown and rebuilding the pump. Remove as much fluid as possible from reservoir; siphon , suction, then adding new fluid to push all old fluid out till return line fluid is in new clean, indicating all old fluid has been replaced.
This , in itself , often clears mystery steering pump noise, or cold operation problems. The additives and new fluid having correct viscosity will usually have a great improvement.
Good luck! Buona fortuna! :waytogo: