Power Ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Worked on this one earlier, removing the led's from it. I wish it had two usb c ports since I don't think I even own any cables for the old style, they just don't let enough current through. This port claims 60w charging, but that's not happening off 12v. Since it's likely just going to be used for a phone or two it'll put out enough but for shiggles I considered a step converter to give it some more voltage.

I'd never opened one of these up before actually. I used the same one on my F250 and it sets my S22 to "ultra fast charge"

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you familiar with " Step Drill bits " ? For plastics, aluminum, not steel or heavier gauge metal. I use these , and now the variety of size in one kit is a plus.

We've used those on heavy steel before, you just can't do it with a $10 Amazon set. Use them all the time on electrical panels.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am installing this style right now, stopped for lunch
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Making a custom mount to go in the ashtray of an old car. Use 1 1/8" step bit to drill the hole.
USB C charges alot faster then USB, I also like the voltmeter since I am planning a conventional two gauge setup for oil and temp. I also like the shutoff to reduce drain in storage.

Last edited:

XDmToter

Reaction score
I gave up on that style USB power port a long time ago. They all fail... I've since switched to using a dedicated 12V to 5V adapter and a USB Adapter. It requires some cutting and soldering, and is more pricey. However, the end result is a Reliable power port that will charge everything, including the wife's power hungry iPad at full speed.