Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
thanks to Hunters truck come tax season when i have some breathing room, im taking the lil bit of drop i have off and go with the 4" kit because the 7.5" takes a lot of swapping to 92+ parts...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yep kit came with them. But I didn't figure I needed to read them since I knew exactly what to do! And a may get some longer stainless steel brake lines. The factory ones are ok just a little tight when turning all the way.

I need the brand and part number of these brake lines....or do ya mean brake hoses? My stockers are around 26" measured end to end(connection point-to-connection point), I'd think a couple inches would be all that's needed.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Bump to above post.......I had to bend the serpentine shaped section of line next to caliper so it wouldn't pull a kink in the rubber hose, unfortunately it somewhat twisted a kink in the metal line so that it's most likely only getting half the flow. I've seen their hoses for lifted front ends, but there's no specs that tell total length.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
im a little confused at what your asking MOBS. I was talking about the kit came with instructions, and im still running stock lines. but i noticed yesterday that i have a brake fluid leak so i maybe ordering THESE soon.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hunter do the rc spindles push the wheels out

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the spring perches were wider on the 4wd's? I guess its just the axles then. Thats good because I can now look for a 4x4 14b rear to swap in my 89 instead of regearing the one I have. 35 Bucks at the local jy!!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Due to the design of the lifted spindles, I can't see any way for them to make them so they DON'T stick out any. The lower ball joint mount is what makes them unable to be tucked back in to normal front track width. When switching to the 6-lug rear, you can probably find some 5-lug axles somewhere if you want to retain your 5-lug wheels, else you're stuck with a 5/6-lug vehicle, or switching front rotors out with 6-lug rotors.