Poor man's sheet metal brake!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I needed to bend a piece of 1/8" diamond plate and I don't own a sheet metal brake so I came up with a workable solution. I measured the plate to determine where I wanted the bend and marked it. Then I wandered around my small garage trying to find a way to bend the plate. I came up with using a tri-fold quad ramp, a couple of oxygen cylinders, my sweetie and my lard a$$. I shoved the plate into the fold of the quad ramp until it lined up with the mark and bent it using my size 11 boots and my excess gravity. It didn't bend enough so I propped up the edge of the ramp up with the cylinders and punished the plate again. Sucess!! I bent it to the exact angle that I wanted. The plate will replace the plasic "skid plate" and serve as a place to mount my classic electric truck horns. The honrs just barely fit between the framerails.