please help identify this part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this thing is , Its on the heater hoses and is pissing coolant everywhere . I don't even know to ask for when I go to the auto store.it is currently know as heater hose chingus.thanks In advance

You must be registered for see images attach

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not a problem I had to replace one when I had a jeep and was like wtf is that thing.
there really easy and cheap to fix.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had this go out this weekend on mine. It's actually called a Heater Chingadera. . . . . . . .

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Heh i see its been answered but yea its the thermal control for your heater valve. I had to change one of these as well on my old Police Interceptor spec merc last winter...That sucked harder then a cheap hooker having it just basically disintegrate on me at -30C when i was basically forced to change it for the same reason you had to change yours. If it works anything like the ford one basically it keeps the coolant circulating till it reaches a certain temp before sending the now hot coolant through the system. From looking at the pics this one appears to be vacuum operated. The fords simply acted as a trigger switch for the heater fan. Once it hit temp it would allow the fan to operate. Not sure exactly how the GM one works though lol...though im sure i will eventually learn...