Picked up a low mile 1996 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THOBSGTR

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Enthusiats,

Just Picked up another ‘96.. this time a Suburban 1500 LS in the iconic emerald green over grey interior. I really liked the black 50kmi obs single cab shortbed build I did a year or so ago, and with the nostalgia of the gmt400 suburban from my childhood- I was very excited to find this gem time capsule. Figured it would be appreciated here.
It was a barn find I found in south LA and after a very thorough clean up - it is all original and in excellent condition, 2 Ca owners, no accidents, only 88k miles- fired right up and runs great. No cracked dash, original paint in really great condition, interior is basically perfect, chrome is in great shape, wheels not scuffed and not even any oxidation on the headlights or tail lights. A few small paintless dents I will get pulled out and getting her some fresh brakes and oil/filter but super excited to add it to the fleet for a little while.
Here are some pictures as well as a shot I took when I first saw it filthy in the back of an old automotive shop.
Leave it oem stock or drop it on wheels?
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow, that is a sweet Burb! On the drop or not, I would say it depends on how and where you drive it. If the roads are good and you don't have to go into steep driveways, they do look nice dropped 4/6. Or 2/4 drop is more usable. That's how mine would get dropped if it wasn't having to be the DD.

THOBSGTR

Reaction score
Thank you - I plan on just driving it around town. The highways in Socal aren’t the best but I know where to avoid, yes I was thinking 2/4 drop on 20’s but it also does look pretty darn good stock so I am still debating.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Enthusiats,

Just Picked up another ‘96.. this time a Suburban 1500 LS in the iconic emerald green over grey interior. I really liked the black 50kmi obs single cab shortbed build I did a year or so ago, and with the nostalgia of the gmt400 suburban from my childhood- I was very excited to find this gem time capsule. Figured it would be appreciated here.
It was a barn find I found in south LA and after a very thorough clean up - it is all original and in excellent condition, 2 Ca owners, no accidents, only 88k miles- fired right up and runs great. No cracked dash, original paint in really great condition, interior is basically perfect, chrome is in great shape, wheels not scuffed and not even any oxidation on the headlights or tail lights. A few small paintless dents I will get pulled out and getting her some fresh brakes and oil but super excited to add it to the fleet for a little while.
Here are some pictures as well as a shot I took when I first saw it filthy in the back of an old automotive shop.
Leave it oem stock or drop it on wheels?
Emerald green and grey gang! That suburban looks pretty nice have fun!