• Outalne94z71

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Mean Green

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sin

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Below are the entries for Photoshop contest #4, please vote for your favorite photoshop of the truck! And also please check out each picture closely, as every entry has some nice subtle mods on it that you might miss at a glance! Voting will close in 3 days! Thanks to everyone who entered!!

First off, here is our original image! A 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (As chosen by the winner of PS Contest #3: Sin)

You must be registered for see images

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry #1 by 92GMC:

You must be registered for see images attach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry #2 by GmcYukonDriver:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry #3 by Outalne94z71:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry #4 by Mean Green:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry #5 by Sin:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winner will choose the Vehicle/Picture for the next Photoshop Contest. Voting will close in 3 days. After the poll closes, I will post the winner in the thread and then PM the winner to get the picture of his or her choice for the next contest! Everyone did a GREAT job!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Awesome job guys.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well now that I've gotten on a computer and can see them full size, I will give my opinions of them all.

92GMC: I like it man. You were the only person who completely changed the background. A couple of suggestions though. Next time try skewing the image a little bit to actually fit the background. Right now it doesn't look perportionate to the car itself. Also, I like the lighting effects, but it seems like you went a little bit too crazy with doing it to every light and it seems to take away from the car. Keep it simple stupid! That's the #1 rule in any kind of art. :p One last note, like I suggested earlier to you, start playing around with adding a shadow under the vehicle.

GMCYukonDriver: Awesome chop man. I love the color, I love that you made it a convertible, and I like the little stuff like how you made the platform it's on one single loop instead of a bunch of pieces like the original was. A few things you should try next time though. For the graphic, try making the graphic with the pen tool then filling it in. The lines will be a lot more crisp. And lastly, when you change the color of the vehicle, take the saturation out of the original image before you do the overlay. This won't make it look so monochromatic like yours does.

Ken: I like you use of the classic barracuda logo. It was also a nice touch to change the hood a little bit, even though shaker>everything else. :p Next time, try getting some higher resolution wheels to put on. The ones you used are pretty blurred.

Baron: I love it man. This is the chop I chose. You pretty much did what I said would make the car perfect! The reason that really made me vote for you instead of everyone else, is the interior detail. No one else did that, and it looks extremely good! Great job man.

Sin: Another great chop man. It has your signature subtle body modifications to it that I love, like the shaved bumper. That looks awesome. One thing you should try to improve on, is your graphics. They just look out of place for some reason.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey, could someone show me what the pen tool looks like, or tell me where it is? Is it the selection brush? I usually use the quick selection tool. I've got PS Elements 9.

BTW, did anyone notice the Chevelle door handles? I thought the originals on the 'Cuda were pretty ugly.

Also, just a tip. Check the headlights of everyone's chops. They all have a small red reflection left on them from the original paint color. I noticed, and took it out, and sin's is red, so it really doesn't matter. I don't know, I just love looking for little things like that to correct when doing them. Also, Outalne, just a tip, but see how you have red on that chrome mirror? If you had made it the same color orange as the side of the car, it would have made it look a little better, in my opinion.

Great Job everyone. I had to vote for sin, his just looked right. The wheels fit and looked like they actually belonged there. Just overall a very clean chop. Well done, everyone!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Jack! I'll try to play around a little more on the next one.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, could someone show me what the pen tool looks like, or tell me where it is? Is it the selection brush? I usually use the quick selection tool. I've got PS Elements 9.

BTW, did anyone notice the Chevelle door handles? I thought the originals on the 'Cuda were pretty ugly.

Also, just a tip. Check the headlights of everyone's chops. They all have a small red reflection left on them from the original paint color. I noticed, and took it out, and sin's is red, so it really doesn't matter. I don't know, I just love looking for little things like that to correct when doing them

I prefer no door handles :deal:

And I Agree sin did a awesome job on the wheels. Like i said I didn't spend much time on my chop this time lol

Anyways, if your using PS Elements 9, you do not have a Pen tool. Your best to use the lasso tool, NOT the magnetic lasso tool. The pen tool is more powerful, but the lasso tool is what you want to use. You'll never get as clean of lines using the various brush selection tools either.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Ken: I like you use of the classic barracuda logo. It was also a nice touch to change the hood a little bit, even though shaker>everything else. :p Next time, try getting some higher resolution wheels to put on. The ones you used are pretty blurred.

i had a hard time finding slots that were turned somewhat the right way and were not too awkward when i turned and stretched them, the whole car is made to look like my dads 70 barracuda gran coupe right down to the 69 torino gt hoodscoop, only thing missing was the dealer installed luggage rack and the turn signal indicators on top of the fenders, its kind of a odd car with the vitamin c orange body with parchment interior and black top

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
THANKS GUYS - I agree with Horns, my graphics need work they look flat and fuzzy! But I wanted to do something besides making it a more vibrant red color and I couldn't get anything to work, to make the vinyl top go away! And btw, those are Ferrari wheels, rear caliper is on the wrong side! :evillol:

GMCyukondriver - no I didn't notice the handles, nice touch! And I chose your chop, love the vert and the electric orange paint!

Mean Green - I would have chosen yours , but that rear wheel just........just........ :Moon:

92GMC - if you would have left it on the original background and turned off the headlights, you would've been good!

Outaline - white interior FTW! and a ford scoop! I used to have a 69 Mach 1, thought it looked familiar!