performance suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Klumpper

Reaction score
I'd have to believe so. A 2400 stall gets you a lot closer to the torque peak of 2800 (stock L31).

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TTT...

I am still looking for a decent 4.3 converter for the right price. In the mean time, I havent been able to find any threads on here or on GMFS about any OBS owners who have actually done this swap and their experience. I want some information on the install but more imporatantly the results. How did it feel afterwards? Noticeable gains?

Would the converter out of this blazer work? It is local to me...
http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2688596595.html

Thanks,

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I've got a question on installing a converter, I can pick up a 2800 stall from an 700r4 to put in my 4l60E for 150$, Its been used street/strip for a year and a half. Would this be worth it in your guys opinions? also is it hard to swap converters in a 4x4?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
welll first, used torque converters are not to be used again, i used my current torque converter with my last transmission because i was to cheap to replace it and its about to go out..... so buy a new one, have you ever changed out a torque converter or even removed a transmission? replacing a torque is no differernt for a 2wd vs 4wd, the tranny comes out and the torque converter sits on the input shaft, nothing to do with the transfer case

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
nope, never dropped a trans. looks like fun though, good to know about not reusing them, i'll save my $$ and put it elsewhere.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
yeah dropping a trammy is fun the first time, maybe the second too but ive had to drop mine 6 times and i dred working on it, like yesterday i had to drop the pan, remove the downshift solenoid and something else i forgot what it was so i could get to where the harness exits the transmission because it was leaking from there but just the smell of transmission fluid make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and i know i within the next couple months im going to have to drop everything again because i reused my converter and its not locking up right, also my transfer case needs to be rebuilt and im really not looking forward to it because the fact that i could literally do it with my eyes closed annoys me