Passenger tire rubs but not driver?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
it is super easy. I havnt done it on a 2wd but I guess its the same. the cam bolts have a big thick washer on each end and as you turn the bolt the washer will cause the control arm to either go in or out for negative or positive camber.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Can you get a pick of em and explain to me what to do? Im teying to find it online but all i see is stuff for cars and kits. Do i have to buy a special tool or is it something you just tighten and loosen with a regular wrench or socket?

I would take it to a shop to get aligned. Actually, I'm surprised the shop that lowered it, didn't do that. I've never had a truck lowered, so maybe that's not something they do, but I always thought that kind of thing changed the suspension geometry enough that it was necessary.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cool i guess ill take it to a shop tomorrow to get Aligned, it hasnt had one in 10 years probably and its been theough 2 sets if wheels and lowering so yea im sure it could use it. Whats the ball park of price? Anyone have a clue?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cool i guess ill take it to a shop tomorrow to get Aligned, it hasnt had one in 10 years probably and its been theough 2 sets if wheels and lowering so yea im sure it could use it. Whats the ball park of price? Anyone have a clue?
59 bucks for our dually.

Leevon

Reaction score
Since you're in LA there's probably a million places to go for an alignment on a lowered truck, but just in case...fair warning...just about every where else it's not always so easy. There are knock-outs in the upper control arm mounts that will need to be removed if they haven't before. An alignment in my shop is $89, adding the labor for the knock-outs and the pain in the neck factor for a lowered truck and I would be adding an hour of labor at least so it could be a $189 alignment, that's IF I wanted to take the job because frankly we would rather do bread and butter work without having do deal with lowered/modded cars and trucks. You might experience that, don't be upset it's just business. I tip my techs $60 cash to align my own lowered trucks (about 2 hours pay) if that tells you anything even though they would do it for free for me. Just a few thoughts in case you have a hard time at the shop.

BTW, truck looks killer!

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There are knock-outs in the upper control arm mounts that will need to be removed if they haven't before.
BTW, truck looks killer!

This ^^^ !!!
Are the fender lips rolled?
And while the tech is under there, ask him if he could check your pinion angle. Has nothing to do with the front end, but may as well, seeing that he's already under there! That 2" drop on the shackles MIGHT have messed with that.

And yea, truck looks Killer! Got one truck @ 2/4, another @ 4/7. That 5/8 looks so right, I should drop both of mine to that!

Uh-oh. The 'never-2-lo' disease strikes again! Gonna go back and stare at your truck for a while now!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Alignment and pinion angle....... aren't these things the shop that lowered the truck should take care-of/look-at? If I paid a shop to lower my truck, I'd have the expectation that it was good to go, not take it someplace else to get problems fixed that the lowering created.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Alignment and pinion angle....... aren't these things the shop that lowered the truck should take care-of/look-at? If I paid a shop to lower my truck, I'd have the expectation that it was good to go, not take it someplace else to get problems fixed that the lowering created.

I agree. When my old mustang. went to a shop for a lowering kit they test drove it and got everything set up perfect. They played around with the caster/camber plates for a while and it handled amazing for a stang.