Passenger wheel pushed out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both wheels are the same...checked and double checked. Floor isn't flat but I use a laser to level off the turn plates...shims using linoleum squares. I've done this for several trucks now, including my 70 C10 after I bagged it. No issues with my alignments yet.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swapped them side to side man times...still the same. Eventually I'll figure out what's the issue. Always something with older trucks.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how common this is? I don’t even want to know if mines out a bit, then it’ll bug me. But, now you know, and easy for me to say, but if it’s aligned and running straight…. send it. :driver:
(sheepishly speaks up) uh.. I think my '94 C2500LD suffered this a little bit as well. Hard to say for sure as when I had the Centerlines on it, they were 5.5" backspacing and fit inside the fender lips just fine. Shortly before I'd sold it, I was running Boss 338's with a 5"(?) backspacing and they stuck out a little more.. and the passenger side clearance didn't seem as good.

However, that truck HAD been hit on the passenger front corner years before and never looked 100% quite right after that. I beat a couple dents out of the core support, replaced the fender and inner fender, bumper bracket, and had to adjust the core support as well because the fender/hood alignment was off. Also of course replaced grille, bumper, valance, filler strip, corner filler, markers, headlight, and park light.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did I mention the guy wiped out his Ford Ranger doing this, and I continued to drive my truck as-is until the insurance people cut me a check?

Richard

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really wondering how common this is and it's just kinda overlooked. I put the truck up in the air again to measure around on the frame. Nothing appears off. Measurements are the same side to side and on an "x". I guess it's possible the truck had been hit before, who really knows, I'm not the original owner. Guess I'll roll the fender and drive it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
(sheepishly speaks up) uh.. I think my '94 C2500LD suffered this a little bit as well. Hard to say for sure as when I had the Centerlines on it, they were 5.5" backspacing and fit inside the fender lips just fine. Shortly before I'd sold it, I was running Boss 338's with a 5"(?) backspacing and they stuck out a little more.. and the passenger side clearance didn't seem as good.

However, that truck HAD been hit on the passenger front corner years before and never looked 100% quite right after that. I beat a couple dents out of the core support, replaced the fender and inner fender, bumper bracket, and had to adjust the core support as well because the fender/hood alignment was off. Also of course replaced grille, bumper, valance, filler strip, corner filler, markers, headlight, and park light.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did I mention the guy wiped out his Ford Ranger doing this, and I continued to drive my truck as-is until the insurance people cut me a check?

Richard
Same with the Burb. We kept driving it till it went to the body shop, and that was four months after the wreck(*except for when the fuel pump croaked or when we were driving the crew cab) (but most of the time we were in the Burb).Chassis is probably tweaked a lil bit, but that can happen just from crappy Houston roads. No truck is gonna be totally square after 25-30 years of that....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When my race team built our first BMW, it had been wrecked front and rear and the previous owner had attempted to weld it back together himself. The entire front clip was shoved over towards the driver's side 3/4". It would only sit on three jackstands at a time. The suspension was adjustable, so we were able to align it, and it was seriously fast.

If you can adjust the front clip over, do it. Otherwise, send it.