Parking lamp gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curtmush

Reaction score
I'm stumped guys. 93 Chevy and keep popping the parking lamp/horn fuse. Back story to when my problems started. Pulled a camper 4 hours. Everything worked great. Arrived at my destination, unhooked and parked the truck. Moved it about an hour later and it popped. So far I've checked turn signals with the light switch on and off and brakes. All bulbs are good. Headlights work (different fuse, I know). I tried a 25A fuse, popped that after a 10 minute delay or so. So before I cause more damage, here lies my confusion. Is it a short in the wiring or the headlight switch bad? I checked the switch and didn't see any damage. Only addition light I have on the truck is a Autometer trans temp gauge. Thanks for any advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be checking your trailer wiring harness. Sounds to me like something might have been damaged when you last used it. It tees into the brake/turn signal wiring so if there's something shorted there it would definitely cause issues.

curtmush

Reaction score
I bought one of those connectors that tees directly into the wiring harness at the box connector. I soldered and shrink wrapped those connections to the new trailer plug connector on the truck. I'll try unplugging it. Check it out. See what I find. Thanks for a start.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, sounds like a plan. Let us know what you find out.

curtmush

Reaction score
Problem solved. Um. Lets just say, note to self, do not to finish a wiring project in the dark again. Bare wire I forgot to tape off that was grounding against a bolt head. Oops! So far no popped fuses!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a feeling! Good deal, glad you got it figured out.