parking brake cable length

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I neede to replace my left side rear park brake cable so I bought a new front and rear cable set, removed my old ones PITA and proceeded to install the new cable and it is waaaayyy too long, what do i do with the excess cable, it lays on the ground!!

Raybestos BC94164 cable: LEFT REAR 85" OVERALL LENGTH

Raybestos BC94165 cable: FRONT 67" OVERALL LENGTH

TOTAL LENGTH 152"
WHEELBASE 141.5"
DIFFERENCE:10.5"!!!

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
you bought the longer than your truck, cable....

the shortest would be a rcsb...
generally the rclb and the ecsb are the same...
anything with a crew cab is going to be longer

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wheelbase is 141.5, the cable is listed for a 141.5 truck, but will not fit so the cable for a reg cab and extended cab are the same?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the cable is for your wheel base it should fit, did you reroute it like factory did thru hangers and such?

and also which one exactly is too long? front? left rear or right rear? and what's your truck long bed reg. cab? short bed? ext cab what?

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a ECSS and the front left cable is the issue. I have a RCLB and the cable is shorter than my ECSS.
This cable looks to fit a CCLB. 2-3 inches of slack is about right, I have 10 inches, lol