Painting Dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
you need an "adhesive promoter" ....spray the dash with adhesive promoter, give it a couple of good coats of primer..then you can block it smooth with 400grit (soft block to follow contour)..and for softer materials ...use the same process but you will also want to use a flex additive to soften the paint so that it wont crack

Reaction score
i am doing a similar project as 1500SS. I want it to look factory just not the damn burgundy color that the truck came with. I'll be doing the entire interior. Any thoughts about the upholstery on the door panels? Ive done the plastics numerous times on different vehicles, but the door panels are going to look like crap if I dont get those little sections done as well.

SEM sells upholstery spray paint..for rugs and door panels

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Did n e 1 ever put pictures up..?

Here's a couple before and after pics. I used SEM and followed their instructuions to the T and it turned out great, nice hard finish.
You must be registered for see images attach

Before with some of the first vinyl pieces painted black, I made the mistake sanding them down and they looked like crap, so I started over with a new set of vinyl from a donor truck.

New vinyl trims painted

Dash painted

Finished product

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
****, I painted a bunch of mine black and just bought the interior plastic paint up @ autozone. It says no need for primer and I didn't sand ****. Just washed the pieces with dawn dish soap, and they came out great. If you don't want that textured look and smooth, then yeah multiple stages of sanding are in your future.