Overhead DVD. Installation question???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know some of you guys do some wicked installs so I hope you can help me out here.

On the wifeys new (to us anyways its an 02) burb I want to add an overhead DVD system. The problem comes in that it has a small console already with the rear air controls for the back seat passengers. When I put the DVD in can I just unplug these controls an tuck the wiring outta the way??? There is another control up front for the rear air that we mainly use anyways since the kids are still small.

Will the rear air still work without those controls plugged in? I've found a kit to relocate them off to the side but I would rather save that $90 if possible since we don't use those controls....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know of a good car audio forum that may have some info on the install? I'm striking out big time with google....

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you think it would be easier to install one in each head rest ?? instead of interfering with the A/c unit ?? or do you already have (and want) the flip down unit ??

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three kids, so the one in the way back wouldn't be able to see the headrests very well. Im looking at 13"+ overheads so I only have to buy one an be done with it.....

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have a local shop here that is one of the masters at installing these ... I will ask for his help and get back to you ASAP ...
If anything, I will get him in touch with you personally ... He simply doesn't have time to post on forums (atleast thats what he tells me anyways) ...

I've never installed one ... although I'd like to have one installed in my truck in between the sun visors ... Me and the wife really enjoys watching movies in the truck on our "Dates" ...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot, I can figure the rest of the install out but those controls have me stumped. I guess when I'm off next week I will just unplug them an see what happens.

I can find nice trim rings for different overheads with a place for these controls but they are all discontinued....